TOP 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT:
The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun.
- TeachMe apps contain age-appropriate learning topics and motivational reward activities to help students learn quickly and effectively.
- There are 6 versions of the application available: Toddler, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, and “Math Facts.”
- You can save and customize learning information for up to 40 students.
- The achievement screen motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic.
- It is used for instructional and communication purposes (children can identify numbers, letters, sounds, and words as well as spell words with the use of a visual support if they are unable/unwilling to verbalize a target response).
- To add boards from Home Page – press the “flower” icon on the top right hand corner.
- To edit within a board-press icon with three dots (…) right hand corner, hit Game Settings to change items within each game
- Hit Genius button to do a combination of all activities within each board
- Use your child’s voice/vocalizations whenever possible even if you speak as well when recording
- The more pictures you take, the more enriched your boards can be. You can make it simple (e.g., 3 step sequencing for putting on shoes) or complex (e.g., make a story about a trip to a restaurant)
- Take pictures with your IPAD camera and not just within the program.
- You can change the appearance and positioning of your icons, as well as the spoken voice.
- You can put items in storage and/or permanently delete them.
- It has a keyboard with word prediction and a larger screen keyboard with buttons.
- It can be used for both instructional and communication purposes.
What you need to know about Accessibility settings on your iPad
Settings-> General-> Accessibility-> Guided Access-> On-> Set Passcode-> Enter Passcode-> Re-enter Passcode-> Accessibility Shortcut
Triple click of home button-> Guided Access-> Start
Triple click of home button-> Enter Password-> Guided Access-> End/ Resume
** use your finger to circle the buttons you do not want to be touched on the current screen, you can undo them at any time by triple clicking the home button