2018 We Are One!
May 3 at VIP
Buy Your Tickets Now
On Thursday, May 3, 2018, New Rochelle Special Education PTA (SEPTA) will host the annual We Are One Awards Dinner. The evening honors the many dedicated people who ensure that students with special needs are included in all aspects of our schools and our community.
ALL are welcome to write a nomination for those teachers, administrators, and staff from the New Rochelle City School District who enrich the lives of children with disabilities and learning challenges by fostering inclusion and bringing out the best in their students. There is a separate award given to student(s) that include our children in activities and friendships.
You are also encouraged to write a nomination for the Bridges Community Award which honors an individual or organization within the community outside our school district who demonstrates commitment to helping those with special needs.
Please take this opportunity to publicly thank and honor the wonderful people in our schools and community by nominating those who work so hard on behalf of our special needs children.
Please fill out information on this form… then come back and pay for your ticket.
2017 We Are One Recipients
Albert Leonard Middle School – Lynda Maligieri
Barnard School – Christine Weeks
Columbus School – Anny Vanegas
Davis School – Carolina Teuscher
Isaac E. Young Middle School – Jesus M. Figueroa
Jefferson School – Sandra Rubin
New Rochelle High School – Kevin Austin
Trinity School – Anthony DiCarlo
Ward School – Jeannine Zaccagnino
Webster School – Joseph Shinn
Administration – Dr. Diane C. Massimo
2017 Bridges Award Recipient
Montefiore New Rochelle – Project Search
2017 Bridges Student Award Recipient
The 2016 We Are One Award Recipients
Albert Leonard Middle School – Donald Ross
Barnard School – Vicki Rashbaum
Columbus School – Tricia Attanasio
Davis School – Krista Gedney & Joseph Triolo
Isaac E. Young Middle School – Sue Carpanzano
Jefferson School – Gary Schwartz
New Rochelle High School – Mark F. Nelson
Trinity School – Charles E. Gillum, Jr.
Ward School – Maria Tejeda
Webster School – Jessica Barnes
Administration – Joanne Goldman
2016 Bridges Award Recipient
Naomi Brickel, Director, Hudson Valley Special Education Parent Center
2016 Bridges Student Award Recipient
New Rochelle Special Education PTA (SEPTA) We Are One Awards highlight individuals that go above and beyond to foster inclusiveness for children with special needs. We Are One Awards include*:
- School Award – Available to anyone that works within our New Rochelle school community including (but not limited to) principals, vice principals, teachers, staff, security, custodial staff, nurses, substitute teachers, crossing guards, etc. There is typically one award presented for each individual school.
- Administrator Award – Available to anyone that works in New Rochelle City school district administration including all district departments, superintendent’s office and Board of Education trustees and central office staff.
- Student Award – Available to any student attending New Rochelle City schools.
- Bridges Award – Available to anyone in our broader community. The recipient does not need to live or work in New Rochelle to be eligible.
*Awarding each of the four categories listed here is dependent upon nominations received and at the discretion of the WeR1 committee. Occasionally, there may be more than one recipient in a category or a category may be eliminated.
The 2015 We Are One Award Recipients
Albert Leonard Middle School -Karen Johnson
Barnard School – Joanna Genovese
Columbus School – Andy Thomas
Davis School – Heather Cayanan
Isaac E. Young Middle School – Kenny Phillips and Corrine Olari
Jefferson School – Jillian Alli
New Rochelle High School – Donna Masi
Trinity School – Steve Spady
Ward School – Corey Andrews
Webster School – Andrea Bambace
Bridges Award – Mayor Noam Bramson
Bridges Student Award – Michael J. Apollo, Jr.
See photo highlights of the 2014 We Are One dinner.
The 2014 We Are One Award Recipients
Albert Leonard Middle School – Barbara Clark
Barnard Early Childhood Center – Jeanne Jacobsen
Columbus Elementary School – Otilia Tanner
George M. Davis Jr. Elementary – Ricky Marchione
Isaac E. Young Middle School – John Fullerton
Jefferson Elementary School- Billy Murphy & Eddie Ortiz
New Rochelle High School – Amy Cermele
Trinity Elementary School – Denise V. Campbell
William B. Ward Elementary School – Lisa Leventhal
Daniel Webster Magnet School- Susan Muller
District-Wide – Edie Barasch
2014 Bridges Award
Conroy’s Basketball – Frank Conroy
2014 Bridges Business Award
Modern Restaurant – Sebastian Aliberti & Anthony Russo
Watch the News12 Coverage of the 2014 We Are One Awards Dinner
See photo highlights of the 2013 We Are One dinner.
2013 We Are One Award Winners
|Dedicated Service Award||Mary Jane Reddington|
|Albert Leonard Middle School||Rodney Arthur|
|Albert Leonard Middle School||Geoff Dwyer|
|Barnard Early Childhood Center||Tammi M. Carey|
|George M. Davis||Deirdre Ferrara|
|George M. Davis||Nora Horlacher|
|Issac Young Middle School||Jessica Gangemi|
|Jefferson||Dr. Eva Nicolosi|
|New Rochelle High School||Mireille Ptak|
|William B. Ward||Randi Kamer|
|Daniel Webster||Yvonne K. Grimsley|
|Bridges||Marlene Zakierski, PhD.|
Watch a slideshow from the 2012 Dinner:
See the Honorees for the 2012 We Are One Awards on April 26
The “We Are One” Award honors staff and community who promote bridge building between special and general education communities and create opportunities for success.
- Albert Leonard Middle School – Jeannine Marciano
- Barnard Early Childhood Center – Judy Badillo & Helena Montaño
- Columbus Elementary School – Dr. Yigal Joseph
- George M. Davis Jr. Elementary School – Helen Mavropoulos
- Isaac E. Young Middle School – Deanna DeLuca
- Jefferson Elementary School – Susan M. Archer
- New Rochelle High School – Heather Waters
- Trinity Elementary School – Marielena Barrett & Stephanie DiMarzo
- William B. Ward Elementary School – Geri-Ann Lezi
- Daniel Webster Magnet School – Linda Johnson
- District-Wide – Ginny O’Sullivan
- Out-of-District – Tom Byrne, Ph.D.
2012“ SEPTA Bridges” Award
- Sara Cremins – Barnard After-School Program
- Stephen Battaglino & Hiawatha Hudson of Hiawatha’s Martial Arts
Information for Award Recipients
Photos from the 2011 We Are One Dinner