The SEPTA Mission
Our Mission is to work in collaboration with the New Rochelle School District for the purpose of providing education to parents and the broader community on Special Education issues and service. We will work to foster understanding, respect, support and appropriate education for all students with special needs in our community. We will seek to ensure that students’ needs are consistently met according to New York State Education Department guidelines.
Our Goals and Objectives:
- To be a positive and solution-oriented group, serving as a resource to families of children with special needs from preschool through high school.
- To provide education to parents and the broader community on Special Education issues and services, as well as to work closely with the New Rochelle School District.
- To provide support, information and encouragement in order to ensure that the educational, social and emotional needs of our students are met.
We propose to do this by:
- Increasing parent and community awareness of special education through educational programs
- Promoting increased communication between parents, educators, administration and community
- Searching for the most interesting and useful resources available
- Providing timely and relevant links to information via our newsletter and website
Here is how you can help: Join NEW ROCHELLE SEPTA
- Volunteer to be on a committee
- Attend meetings
- Support and assist in fundraising efforts
- Let us know what information would be helpful to you so we can plan the most appropriate programs
Information provided on New Rochelle SEPTA’s website and Facebook page does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of any services or programs, but rather a resource for individuals to learn of upcoming events that have been made known to us. Please check with providers for more information, schedule changes and cancellations.